Deniza Gertsberg732-637-9540 • firstname.lastname@example.orgBar AdmissionsState of New Jersey, 2005
State of New York, 2006
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2005
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2006
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2006EducationJ.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2005, cum laude
B.A., Fordham University, 2002, summa cum laude
Deniza Gertsberg is the founding attorney of the Law Office of Deniza Gertsberg. Her legal practice focuses on representing healthcare professionals, businesses and individuals both in New York and New Jersey on matters ranging from health law and compliance, to business contracts, employment law, real estate contracts, and commercial litigation.
In her practice, Deniza Gertsberg deals with the intricate web of healthcare laws and regulations. She advised and represented clients on matters involving Stark and Anti-kickback laws, OSHA and HIPAA compliance, Medicaid and Medicare overpayment audits, and healthcare fraud investigations.
Ms. Gertsberg advises and defends the interests of clients on unique business, employment and real estate issues faced by medical professionals such as professional license defense, enrollment, mandatory compliance, commercial lease negotiations and more.
Her experience comes from many years of litigating complex commercial and real estate cases at large regional law firms — Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer and Day Pitney LLP. Prior to starting her practice, she worked as corporate counsel for a large New Jersey real estate developer.
As she grew up around doctors, dentists and entrepreneurs, Ms. Gertsberg is particularly empathetic to the needs of the medical business community. With her inside perspective, she delivers tailored legal services to healthcare professionals including presentations and training.
Deniza Gertsberg is fluent in Russian and has represented many Russian-speaking clients.
Ms. Gertsberg is a member of the following bar organizations:
- American Health Lawyers Association
- NJ State Bar Association
- NY State Bar Association
- Why Groupon and other social coupons are unethical in healthcare, MedPageToday, May, 16, 2013, available at http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2013/05/groupon-social-coupons-unethical-healthcare.html
- OIG Discusses Groupon-Type Advertising Arrangement, 10 AAOMS Practice Management Notes 5, 1-4 (Sept/Oct. 2012), available at http://www.gertsberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Gertsberg_AAOMS.pdf
- Is Groupon Legal For Doctors, MedPageToday, Oct., 16, 2011, available at http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2011/10/groupon-legal-doctors.html
- When professional courtesy could get physicians in trouble, MedPageToday, Sept., 18, 2011, available at http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2011/09/professional-courtesy-physicians-trouble.html
- Should Public Relations Experts Ever Be Privileged Persons? 31 Fordham Urb. L. J. 1443 (2004).